I am an accomplished dancer from Kalakshetra College of Fine Arts, Chennai. Dance teaching experience of over 30 years across Chennai, Nagpur, Hyderabad and Mumbai. Specialized in Bharatnatyam with a well-rounded exposure to training students, choreographing dance dramas, directing folk dances and delivering lecture demonstrations on the nuances of classical dance.
Education and Dance Background:
- Studied: Sri Sakthi Natiyakala Nilayam
- Started learning Dance from the age of FOUR
- Dance Master Mr. P. PALANIAPPAN
- PGDBN: Bharathiar University 2010-2011 (Post Graduate Diploma in BharathaNatyam)
- Natya Chudaroli, Natyamani &
- Life time achiever award (Vaalnaal sadhanaiyaral) by Rudhambara Trust
- Kuchipudi( Tharngam – with lighted candles on head and in hands and dancing on the Branz Plate),
- Andal Thirukalyana Natya Nadagam
- Sivasakthi Natanam (Thandavam),
- Natyanadagams like ValliMurugan
- Bhathmasuran Mohini,
- Radha Krishna
- Oriental dances like Karagam, Kolattam, Kumi, Parai, Mayilattam, Barmees, Gypse, Kurathi, Singan Singi, Kutrala kuravanji, Edayan Edachi, Bhangra, etc.,
- Training students for GRADE EXAMS & Also For DIPLAMO in Bharathanatyam through BRIDGE ACADEMY –CHENNAI
- Currently training to learn NATTUVANGAM
Most recent performances:
- Performance at FILM DEVELOPMENT ALL INDIA ARTS & CRAFTS MELA in Hyderabad in February,1997.
- Mylapore Sabha
- Guiness World Record (2017)
- Ulag Thamizar thiryal Vizha - Kalaivanar Arangam (2018)
- Muthamizh viazha @ periyakulam, Karur, Palakad, Thanjavur, Tirupur, Thiruparamkundram, Pune
- AKIL BHARATIYA SANSKRUTIK SANGH (2016)- Third Award out of 5000 participants in All India Level.
- AKIL BHARATIYA SANSKRUTIK SANGH (2017)- student Won Chairman Award out of 8000 participants in All India Level.
- AKIL BHARATIYA SANSKRUTIK SANGH (2018)- student Won Third Award out of 9000 participants in All India Level.
- Super Human Award - 2017 Pride of India: Honor to Indian Army, rapid attacking Force, TN Police Dept., Coimbatore Corporation, Health Dept, Honorary function
- Online via Zoom.
- Weekly (may slightly vary by month)
- Each class one hour long